Five ways to engage students in an issue at your school:
- Ask students to write letters or postcards to key individuals.
- Encourage students to share your information through social media.
- Begin a text-messaging campaign: Write a standard text message about the issue and how it impacts their school; have each person send a “mass text” to ten of their friends and encourage them to pass it to ten more friends.
- Arrange for students to stand-up and speak about the importance of the identified concern at a school assembly and send their remarks to elected representatives.
- Allow students to videotape a short video and share it online discussing the concern.